Sustainability, our society’s ability to meet its present needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs, is critical for the viability of the University of the District of Columbia. As a member of the UDC community dedicated to improving sustainability across our institution, I will commit to the following practices whenever possible:
• I will use two-sided printing and copying;
• I will bicycle to work and/or use public transportation;
• I will use reusable bags instead of plastic bags;
• I will bring my lunch and snacks in reusable containers;
• I will choose energy efficient equipment such as ENERGY STAR models when making equipment purchases;
• I will turn off my computer, monitor, power strips and other electronic equipment at the end of each work day;
• I will turn off lights when not needed;
• I will recycle plastic, paper, glass, cardboard and aluminum;
• I will walk up or down one flight of stairs instead of taking the elevator;
• I will reduce the amount of bottled water that I purchase; and
• I will encourage others to take the Sustainability Pledge.
Sign Up Now!